Am I eligible to participate in the program?
To determine if you may be eligible to participate in the Vehicle Loan Program, please review the following requirements.
You can work on the Wheels For Work Questionnaire ahead of time by downloading the questionnaire and completing it as soon as possible. (You will need Adobe Reader on your computer to open the file.) After opening, please print out the form and complete it by hand. Once completed, bring it with you to your appointment or mail it to us at:
Wheels For Work Program, 6087 St. Rt. 19N Suite 160 Crossroads Conference center, Belmont, NY 14813.
If I'm accepted into the program, what are my obligations?
Please note that if you are determined to be eligible and are accepted into the program, it does not guarantee immediate assistance with vehicle repairs, insurance, down payment or other assistance. Family Assistance applicants referred from the Allegany or Cattaraugus County Department of Social Services or Department of Employment and Training and accepted into the program will be considered as priority. Assistance will also be subject to availability, based on program resources.
Opportunities' Wheels for Work Program is made possible through funding from the New York State Office of Temporary Disability and Assistance.
Each person enrolled in the program will receive a copy of our policies and procedures, and be expected to abide by all of the program rules outlined in this publication in order to receive vehicle repair assistance payable services through the program.
1.The applicant needs to be a U.S. Citizen or eligible non-citizens.
2.There needs to be a family relationship with a minor child.
3. The gross income for the households does not exceed 200% of the current Poverty Income Standards.
4. The applicant has a valid NYS driver's license without suspension.
5. The applicant is a resident of either Allegany or Cattaraugus County.
6. The applicant is willing to meet with the program counselor.
7. The applicant needs to be employed on a regular basis working 20 or more hours a week or have promise of a job without means of getting to the job.
I have read the requirements above and think I might be eligible. What do I do next?
We encourage you to call our loan counselors. In Allegany County call (585)268-7605 ext. 1712. If you live in Cattaraugus County call (716) 373-1880 ext. 273.
What will happen at my appointment?
1. You will need to complete an intake form that provides information on your household, employment history, and transportation needs.
2. You will need to complete a 200% TANF Services Certification Form. If you are not a citizen of the US, you will need to provide documentation of your non-citizen status at that time.
3. You will need to present your valid NYS driver's license. A copy will be placed in your file.
4. You will need to provide a statement of any previous suspensions and/or revocations of your driver's license if this has happened in the last year. (Note: Previous driving related convictions will be reviewed on a case by case basis to determine acceptance into the program)
5. If you are a non-custodial parent, you will need to complete a "Non-Custodial Parent Information Referral" form, with the understanding that information regarding you employment status participation in the program will be forwarded to the local child support enforcement office with the purpose of accurately determining the collection of child support payments.
6. You will need to provide proof of employment of at least 20 hours a week at minimum wage (or higher).
7. The Wheels for Work Program Coordinator will talk with you about your goals in life, and might be able to meet your goals through the creation of a Family Development Plan.
What can I do prior to my appointment?
You can work on the Wheels for Work Questionnaire ahead of time by downloading the questionnaire and completing it as soon as possible. (You will need Adobe Reader on your computer to open the file.) After opening, please print out the form and complete it by hand. Once completed, bring it with you to your appointment or mail it to us at:
Wheels for Work Program
Crossroads Conference center
6087 St. Rt. 19N Suite 160,
Belmont, NY 14813.